Thursday, February 2, 2017

Female student cries out... can't pay school fees after losing money to MMM

NOTE: To be content in life doesn't mean you don't desire more, but you are wise to be thankful for what you have and be patient enough to wait for what's to come. Principles of life!





A student of Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State, named Dupe Olurunfemi, was admitted into the school clinic when she heard school fees payment deadline.

She cried out that she invested over Seventy Thousand Naira (N70,000) which was meant for her school fees and accommodation in the money doubling ponzi scheme - MMM, and has been unable to get the money back to pay her school fees.

There has been incense and several pleas on social media by students who were affected by the Ponzi scheme after MMM fails to keep its promise to start paying participants by January 14.





Dupe said: “I joined the platform on November 9, 2016 with N70,000 which I had been saving for months to pay my fees this session. I woke up on December 12, 2016 to get help (GH) only to find out that the GH had been frozen. I had hoped that on January 14, 2017, I will be paid but I am yet to get my money back.”

According to The Nation, the deadline for school fees payment of Bida Polytechnic ended on 25th January. There are other students in same problem with Dupe because of MMM.

Schemes like MMM should just be something you put cash that you could lose and not feel too bad.